7 03 2009
Tips for Bingo Players in the UK
There are a lot of people who loves to play bingo in the UK today primarily because it gives them entertainment or they are looking to increase their money. In fact, some even play bingo professionally. It is important to note that bingo games are actually bounded by rules and they usually have variations; which is why beginners should be guided. Below are some tips on how to play bingo in the UK.
- Always arrive early. More often than not, bingo players arrive at least an hour before the scheduled bingo time to have a sufficient amount of time to choose a seat, prepare the bingo cards, and get a snack as well. It will also give you time to condition your mind for the game for you to be able to focus and concentrate when playing.
- Always be prepared. You do not only bring yourself when playing bingo; of course you need to bring with you sufficient amount of money for you to purchase cards, your bingo pen, and a tape to keep your cards in place in case of a slippery table.
- Choose a seat that is near the bingo caller. This will aid you in getting better and more accurate information. Aside from that, you will be able to sneak a peek at the next number that will be called by looking at the ball which pops up from the chute. Note that this is an acceptable practice; so you don’t have anything to worry about. However, also note that you can’t call out bingo before the number is announces; so wait until after.
- Always be alert and attentive. Listen very carefully on the number that is being called as well as the pattern of the numbers that you have already stamped on your cards. As soon as you have seen the pattern, yell bingo! Do not wait for the next number to be called or else you’ll lose the game.
- If bingo halls sell alcoholic drinks, drink moderately so that you can keep being alert and focused.
- Do not be afraid to call the caller when you can’t keep up with the numbers he/she is calling especially if you have too many bingo cards.
- Be mindful of the rules of bingo in the bingo hall you’re playing in. The bingo rules in some bingo halls may differ from the other; might as well talk with the officials before the game starts.